Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Turkey Bacon & Feta Cheese Salad With Bonus Honey Butter Rolls

Alright! I'm almost done updating these promised recipes. I can't wait! I've been making some pretty cool stuff. But I have to get this out of the way first! :)

So first up is the salad. This salad was delish. Honestly. Another thing is...I didn't follow or use a recipe. :) But if you can't make it just with knowing the ingredients and "feeling it"...I'm sorry. I'll try and do the approximate with everything. :)

Okay. Baby Spinach. Turkey Bacon. Feta Cheese. Bosc Pears. Baby Bella Mushrooms. Hardboiled  Eggs. Red Onion.
So just use however much spinach you want. Cause I have no clue on this one.
Approx half a package of cooked and cut turkey bacon.
2 Baby Bella Mushrooms per plate.
1 1/2 hard boiled eggs per plate.
Half of a red onion distributed between the two.
Sprinkle with as much Feta Cheese as you want.
Half a Bosc pear. Slice it. And garnish each plate with one half.
Sprinkle lightly with Pepper.
Drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
Enjoy! :)




So next up is some Honey Butter Rolls. :) Super Easy. Fast. Delicious. I'm really sorry that Once again, I didnt take many pics. Mainly, after they came out of the oven pics. I was just in a hurry to get everything set on and served before it got cold...that I sorta forgot.

I also used White Whole Wheat Flour in these instead of Whole Wheat. I realize that yes, White Whole Wheat is not as "healthy" of an option. So for the longest time I just didn't use it. But I have done a lot of research on different flours...and decided that know. In the end it isn't necessarily the "unhealthiest" flour of the two. True, Whole Wheat Flour contains approximately 5% more protein than White Whole Wheat does, and it has tannins and phenolic acids...whereas White Whole Wheat does not. But! White Whole Wheat has considerably less gluten content. So if you are trying to monitor gluten, the fact that it's lacking 5% of the protein value, is outweighed by the benefits of less gluten. That however, is just my opinion. If you decide to buy White Whole Wheat Flour, make sure it's organic.




Recipe

1 Tablespoon of Instant Yeast
1 1/8 cups of warm water
3 cups of White Whole Wheat Flour
 1 1/4 teaspoons of salt
3/4 cup of honey
1/2 cup of softened butter (1 cube)
1/4 cup of dry milk

Dissolve Yeast in Water & Honey. Let set for approx 15 minutes or until the yeast has started to bubble and expand. Add remaining ingredients to mixture and mix and knead until you have a smooth dough. It is going to be sticky.
Set in a greased bowl and let raise until doubled in size.
(I was in a hurry so I just skipped this step. They probably would've been fluffier if I wouldn't have.)
Lightly grease your desired pan, and form dough into even balls. Space evenly on pan and let rise until double. While they are rising preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Stick in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and immediately butter the tops and sides. Serve warm, with your choice of jam. :)


So there ya go!

Question: "Do you have a tried and true dinner roll recipe or do you enjoy trying out different recipes?"


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment