Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lemon, Rosemary & Garlic Roasted Game Hens

Okay. First things first. ;) I passed my test!!!! Yay! Seriously! I'm so happy right now....I got this cool certificate....and cool card...and cool little First Responder patches...and it awesome! Even though I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the patches...they're still cool. That's how happy I am. I also got a WAY better grade than I thought I would. Which is also...well, very cool. But no, it wasn't a 100% so you cannot know what it actually was.

Second thing. I apologize for my complete lack of pictures...but I was rather in a hurry when I made this meal...so I didn't have time to take lots of pictures. So yeah, sorry.

I would apologize for taking so long on an update...(again!) But, it's my blog...and seeing as how it's my blog, I get to update it when I have time/feel like it. Life is getting much busier. That's all.

First up: The Awesome Cornish Game Hens!


These are so simple to make, and absolutely delicious. I will definitely be making these again. They take about 45 minutes to cook. So without further ado (or pictures) here is the recipe:

Recipe

2 Cornish Game Hens
1 lemon quartered
2 Tablespoons of Rosemary
(or more if you really like Rosemary)
1/2 cup of olive oil
6 or 7 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup of white wine
1/3 cup of chicken broth
fresh rosemary sprigs for a garnish
[if you have fresh rosemary..if not use whatever you want]Oh! And salt and pepper to taste. :)

Preheat your oven to 450 degrees F.
Get yourself a roaster or an oven safe dish.
Put the hens in that dish. ;) Okay. I'm going to be serious now.
Quarter your lemons and put two quarters in the cavity of each hen. Put a Tablespoon of Rosemary in there too. Or if you have fresh Rosemary, like a sprig or two. Mix your salt and pepper into about a 1/4 cup of olive oil and rub onto the hens...I added more pepper after that. Arrange your Garlic cloves around the hens and put in preheated oven, uncovered, for 25 minutes.
Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and in a mixing bowl whisk together the wine, chicken broth and remaining olive oil...then pour the mixture over the hens. Cover the hens (or don't, I don't care.) and put them back in for approx. 25 minutes. Or until they're a nice golden brown and the juices are running clear. Baste with pan juices every 10 minutes or so.
Transfer the hens to a serving dish and make sure to empty all of the juice and stuff from the cavity. Cover to keep warm. Take all the pan juice and garlic and put them in a sauce pan. Boil until it is a sauce like consistency...approx. 4-6 minutes. Spoon sauce over hens, garnish...and enjoy!
Additional super easy recipe. Honey Seasoned Yams. :)

Recipe

2 yams
4 Tablespoons of honey
Salt and pepper to taste
(and your favorite seasoning salt)
Slice of butter.

Poke yams with a fork...many times. In a small kettle combine the honey, salt and pepper and a little butter.  Add Yams, and enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil, cover and keep on low heat for 25-30 minutes, or until soft.
Remove from kettle. Cut Yams in half, and add a little butter and more seasonings to the top of it. Enjoy! (and remember, they're much better hot!)

okay! So that's everything. I'll see ya next time with the dinner roll recipe and the salad!



Today's question: what is your favorite thing about spring?
I love all the flowers and sunshine.
Pin It


I linked up with: Little farm in the big city

No comments:

Post a Comment